The Aquitaine Bike ® Team are ready to welcome you to the Dordogne in 2021, keep the wheels turning !
We are based in the village of Coux et Bigaroque-Mouzens, in the Perigord Noir region of the Dordogne.
The area is defined by 2 rivers and their valleys :
- La Vézère – the prehistoric sites and decorated caves of the Vézère valley are a Unesco World Heritage site. The valley contains 147 prehistoric sites and 25 decorated caves.
- La Dordogne – one of the cleanest rivers in Europe, the valley abounds with medieval and renaissance castles, bastides and honey coloured stone villages.
The best cycling conditions are to be found in the Dordogne, quiet country roads to suit all levels of riding, beautiful scenery and good weather. This region is a treasure of natural beauty and is exceptionally rich in prehistoric sites and historical points of interest.
Weather conditions here are fine for cycling from March to November.
- 21 & 24 speed Trek sport/touring bikes
- 22 & 30 speed Lapierre carbon/alloy road bikes
- 6 & 18 speed Lapierre/Orbea kids bikes
These lightweight, high performance bikes are ideal for the country roads in the Perigord.
Check out our Bike Rental page for details.
Alongside our bike hire services, we specialise in self-guided cycling tours in the Dordogne. Our system and organisation of these cycling tours keep costs to a minimum. We custom design routes, offer recommendations, suggestions, and information relevant to your interests. This is included in the bike rental fee.
If you are staying in one location as a base for daily loop rides, we will custom design routes to suit you.
Please visit the Cycling Tours page for details of how our tours are organised, and a step-by-step guide to setting up your cycling tour in the Dordogne.
Accommodation suggestions can be found on the Where to Stay page.
Terrain: this region is hilly, but not at all extreme, the maximum elevation difference on our routes is 200 metres.